2023 will be remembered as a very disruptive year. We have seen the rise and fall of FTX, aggressive moves by the SEC against utility tokens and dApps, new armed conflicts and revelations of state-level money laundering schemes, just to name a few examples. At the same time, we’ve seen significant technological progress. AI is becoming a part of our everyday lives, but this transition hasn’t been smooth across the board—particularly in the crypto sector.
The rise of AI raises some of the same questions that Aldous Huxley posed in his famous dystopian novel, Brave New World—a tale of a society where highly advanced technologies become a tool for top-down societal control. Given the technological inflection point we’re at now, how will the struggle between free innovation and state control play out in 2024?
In 60 minutes, we’ll discuss:
– The top AI-related risks and challenges in 2024, and how can businesses and professionals navigate them effectively
– Securities and Utility Tokens: Key developments, regulations, and emerging trends
– How will decentralized projects be regulated from an AML perspective, and what strategies can be employed to ensure compliance?
– Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) vs. Stablecoins: What can we expect in this competition, and what are the potential implications for the financial ecosystem and opportunities for innovation?
– Charles Kerrigan, Partner at CMS UK, Advisor at AI & Partners
– Maurício Magaldi, Head of Product at Midnight
– Tony Petrov, Chief Legal Officer at Sumsub
This webinar is ideal for professionals in fintech, crypto, banking, and regtech specialists, providing crucial insights for navigating the dynamic world of finance and technology in 2024.
All participants joining us online will be awarded a certificate of attendance. Join us to learn how businesses can leverage new changes and develop successful compliance strategies for the future!