Sumsub is thrilled to announce that we are now looking for a Design Director to join our team. We need a strong leader who will take ownership of our brand, web, and product design and bring it to the next level.
Reporting directly to our CEO, you will have an opportunity to promote design thinking within the organisation and define your own role by constantly raising the bar for quality. You will be in control of all design aspects, communicate design values to the stakeholders, ensure effective cross-functional collaboration, and ensure that the design team is aligned with other departments on vision and strategy.
You will guide and inspire our team of talented creatives and product designers, helping them to develop their skills, establish and define processes, apply best practices and use the most recent techniques to find the best solutions together. Your goals as a creative visionary will include elevating the brand’s visual identity to world-class standards and creating top-notch user-centered experiences for our customers.
As an expert in multiple disciplines, you will provide support to the team on each stage of design execution – from brief and concept creation to delivery.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Developing a brand and product design image through an ongoing process of refinement and evolution.
- Working with design managers and creative directors, establishing processes, and ensuring it is shared and used throughout the team.
- Representing design for the organisation. Being the primary voice of design inside and outside the company, sharing its work and articulating its vision.
- Recruiting and hiring. Identifying talent and getting them to join the team.
- Managing the team while ensuring the quality of design work is set to the highest standards. Taking care of employees’ professional development and satisfaction at work.
- Supporting the team’s cultural values and demonstrating them through leadership on a daily basis.
- Ensuring cross-department interaction. Connecting the design team with different departments to find pain points that should be solved by interface design. Validating those solutions with stakeholders.
- Researching. Conducting user interviews and usability tests with the clients to make sure design solutions help our users to meet their needs.
- Experienced in managing a team of designers
- Proficient in brand design and visual Identity
- Proficient in UX and Ui, research, and design evaluation
- Able to story-tell and influence across all departments
- Able to manage stakeholder expectations
- Highly organised and motivated, don’t wait to be told what to do
- A strong creative, and Innovative thinker with a practical and systematic approach
- Always curious and eager to solve design problems
What We Offer:
- Working with a product that matters. Our technology helps to protect millions of users and hundreds of online services worldwide;
- International project. Our team works from offices in Berlin, Limassol, London, and Miami, our customers are spread from Mexico and the USA to Hong Kong, South Korea, and Singapore;
- Competitive salary in compliance with your professional expertise;
- Remote first company – work from anywhere in the world;
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
If this sounds like a great opportunity for your career development, we should talk!